суббота, 26 октября 2013 г.

Oct 6. Culture Shock. Feelin'

The next day was fully designated to each committee's teambuilding.
That's where you build full trust and find fresh ideas for future creative work.

Photo by © Aleksey Prylipka

Thanks to EMPL - my lovely committee on employment. I really enjoyed working with you! Easy, fun and so diverse...


A lot of space and fresh air was very helpful:) 



Photos by © Ilir Kola

And we danced, and we laughed, and we lived...
In the evening we had to leave the Bazaleti Lake hotel.
Before getting on the buses we played fun races organized by Media Team. Holding a potato on the end of a spoon we ran back and forth competing with other committees. I don't want to get that deep in details. I just try refresh my memory and bring the whole day to light.

Oh, here is it! One hour long ride to the capital: tired, hungry, but happy. And the shock starts.I was surprised that
Georgians smoke inside.
Many delegates could not believe that smoking cigarettes was allowed in the hall. Though, most adapted quickly and started doing the same. As for me, a non-smoker, Georgia in this case was annoying as mostly everybody was smoking (while working or in public): a taxi driver, restaurant security guard, shop assistant etc. Tobacco is very accessible. The game boxes that are filled with toys in Ukraine have cigarettes packs in Georgia. And I with my own eyes saw little kids, approx. 11 and 7 years old, playing this game box.

Ridiculous 

We lived with other people in a new hotel (evantually EYP participants were devided between 2 hotels - "Bazaleti" and "Astoria"), so no wonder that I smelled weed in the public bathroom?..

Total freedom VS. The Law

(Total) freedom versus concious following the borders (rules) that the society has set. Ah, Georgia, you are the vivid example for Ukrainians. If most of the people of Ukraine don't change their mentality, then EU will not be a lifebuoy for us. Living in Lithuania, sometimes I can use this country as an example (there is still a high rate of unemployment and emigration, and low level of life for many citizens).

OK, another weird thing is "24/24" sign in every cafe or supermarket. Is it a joke or something?:) I get our 24/7 which means full day, full week, but...

#tbilisi2013

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий